To find out if your childhood could have effected your health take the Adverce Childhood Experience test below. Just answer the questions below and add up the yes answers to give you a score out of 10.
1. Did a parent or other adult in the household often swear at you, insult you, put you down, humiliate you or act in a way that made you afraid that you might be physically hurt?
2. Did a parent or other adult in the household ever grab, slap, throw something at you or ever hit you so hard that you had marks or were injured?
3. Did an adult or person at least 5 years older than you ever touch or fondle you, have you touch their body in a sexual way, attempt to or actually have oral, anal, or vaginal intercourse with you?
4. Did you often feel that no one in your family loved you, thought you were important or special, your family didn’t look out for each other, feel close to each other, or support each other?
5. Did you often feel that you didn’t have enough to eat, had to wear dirty clothes, had no one to protect you or your parents were too drunk or high to take care of you or take you to the doctor if you needed it?
6. Were your parents ever separated or divorced?
7. Were you aware of your mother (or stepmother) being pushed, grabbed, slapped, had something thrown at her, kicked, bitten, hit with a fist or with something hard or physically threatened?
8. Did you live with anyone who was a problem drinker or alcoholic, or who used street drugs?
9. Was a household member depressed or mentally ill, or did a household member attempt suicide?
10. Did a household member go to prison?
Now add up your “Yes” answers. This is your ACE Score
A study of 17,000 people claiming health insurance in the USA were asked the above Adverse Childhood Experiences questions When renewing their insurance. The results were concerning to say the least.
64% of the 17,000 scored 1 or more.
Of the 64%, 87% had additional ACE’s.
Of the 64%, 12.5% scored 4 or more.
Each score increased the chances of developing an autoimmune disease by 20%.
The results showed that If you scored 4 you were 460% more likely to suffer from depression and twice as likely to get cancer. Scoring 6 knocked 20 years off your life and scoring7 increased your chances of heart disease by 360%.
Negative experiences effect us on a cellular level and run self destructive programs within the body that can lead to illness. They also usually run below conscious awareness so can’t be found with talk therapies.
A trauma is a negative experience that can not been processed by the subconscious mind and stays ‘frozen in time’. We learn 60% of our life’s worth of knowledge in the first 5 years of life. If we experience traumas in the early years when we are the least equipped to deal with them they tend to stay with us for life. Hypnosis allows access to the subconscious mind allowing the traumatic memory to be processed and healing to take place.
Comments are closed.